Hair Salon Directories are a very easy way to advertise your salon locally. For a small salon, it might be challenging to rank high on Google when someone is searching for e.g. hair salon in Manhattan unless someone is looking exactly for your brand. Listing your salon business in good online salon directories will help you reach your target client from the right location and niche.
A salon marketplace is a platform where salons can offer their services, while clients can book appointments directly from the mobile or web app. Hair salon directory, through many marketing techniques, including Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), helps users to quickly connect with the preferred salons or rely on geolocation data to find the best salon offer in the chosen area.
We have put together a list of top beauty and salon web directories. There are plenty of listing sites where you can register for free and get a higher search rank, more web traffic and new clients.
- Belliata - Belliata is a free marketplace that allows you to list your salon, barbershop and spa. You can add images, directions, services and prices to help drive new clients. In partnership with Zolmi salon software, which is directly connected to Belliata, you can manage your schedule, and inventory and gather customer reviews.
- Google My Business - You should start by creating a profile for your salon on GMB, add location, website, opening hours, client reviews and images. If consumers in your local area are looking for a hair salon, appearing in Google’s directory listing should be a top priority for your business – they will be given directions, phone number, and your website address.
- Bing Places - The Bing Places for Business is a popular free portal for local businesses like hair or beauty salons, allowing you to list your salon to appear on Bing search results and Bing Maps for desktop, voice and mobile devices, and will allow you to optimize your local SEO campaign further.
- Yelp - A very well-known free online business directory. Create a profile, add photos to showcase the best of your salon, respond to reviews and your salon business information, and you can benefit from millions of users browsing through their platform daily. You will also be able to use some paid ads with Yelp to reach your potential clients faster.
- OpenStreetMap - OSM is an open-source, free, editable map. The OpenStreetMap License allows mostly free access to map images and all the underlying map data.
- Instagram - This fun and creative social media platform will allow you to post content about your salon e.g. before and after photos, and attract new and existing clients. You can also engage with your customer via stories or some paid ads.
- Facebook Places - A geolocational tool designed to help users share their favorite spots and discover new ones. Users can “check-in” at various locations, from cities to hair salons or shops, and then share updates with their connections, including a map and pin showing that exact location. Setting up a location for your salon can be a useful local marketing tool for your business.
- Apple Maps - A very good tool for navigation and presenting user data. Apple Maps allows customers to search by the keyword on maps and get information about businesses in their neighborhood. For instance, if you are a hairstylist and consumer types “Hair salon” in Apple Maps and your business is set up correctly, your salon will show up on the map with information such as addresses, opening hours and phone numbers.
- Foursquare - A popular social networking service for mobile devices to help share and discover information about businesses and attractions in your location. You share information about the places you “check in” with your friends every time you use it.
- Central Index
- The SmartGuy
- Cornerstones Of World Business
- Not A Franchise
We also recommend you to check out our post Hair Stylist Bio Examples.
If you are looking for ways to boost your salon SEO position, listing your business in the hair salon directory will help you achieve the goal. You can add links to your salon website and add reviews which will drive local organic traffic to your website and improve your salon brand's online presence.
Organizing domain-specific information on the Web: An experiment on the Spanish business Web directory
The impact of E-marketing use on small business enterprises' marketing success