Are you looking for a new role as a nail salon receptionist? Or are you a nail technician or salon owner and looking to recruit this highly important role for your business?
We have put together a job description guide to cover a nail salon receptionist's expected roles and responsibilities, plus a free nail salon receptionist job description template.
Nail Salon Receptionist Job Summary
At [name] nail salon strive to unlock the potential of top nail salon professionals, creating an unparalleled experience for our clients. We exude passion, integrity, teamwork, leadership, pride, and respect.
We are looking for a front desk team member with excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, remaining peaceful in stressful situations, and providing excellent customer service and support.
Nail Salon Receptionist Responsibilities
- Greeting customers on arrival to the nail salon
- Answer phone calls, respond to emails, and social media messages promptly and courteously
- Offer complimentary drinks and refreshments to arriving clients
- Tell colleagues that their client has arrived and for what service or services
- Welcome walk-ins, answer questions about services, and schedule appointments based on availability
- Manage the nail salon appointment calendar efficiently
- Liaise with clients if a staff member is sick and re-arrange an appointment
- If not using SMS booking reminders, call clients to remind them of their appointment
- Call clients who are late for appointments and see if they are late or are a no-show
- Handle payments from clients and rebooking theirnext nail appointments
- Check bathroom facilities are stocked and clean
- Keep reception area clean, tidy, and free from hazards
- Respond to online reviews daily and pass feedback onto management
- Co-ordinate and resolve client complaints
- Correctly add clients email addresses and telephone numbers to nail salon booking software
- Keep the retail merchandising stocked
- Up-sell retail nail salon products when taking payments
Do not miss our post on nail salon management.
Nail Salon Receptionist Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities (verbal, phone, email) focused on customer care, positive natured
- Proven work experience as a front desk representative
- Hand-on experience with nail salon software and office equipment
- Experience with processing transactions
- Ability to handle administrative work
- High School degree or equivalenta
We recommend you to check out our post on nail salon business plan.
Nail Salon Receptionist Skills
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Pleasant and professional demeanour
- The ability to remain calm under stressful circumstances
- Confidential and benevolent approach to clients
- The ability to assess the situation and analyze information
- Organizational skills and time management skills
- Good upselling skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Physical fitness and mental stability
- The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
Do not miss our post on how to open a nail salon.
Features of a Good Nail Salon Receptionist
- Enjoying interacting with people, approachable but professional
- Able to provide high-quality and fast service
- Energetic, positive, smiling, with a cheerful spirit
- Oriented on objectives and client satisfaction
- Able to meet the demands of demandable and tough customers
Nail Salon Receptionist Salary and Working Conditions
- Who much does a nail salon receptionist make depends on the location and reputation of the nail salon, whether it a part time or full time job
- Working conditions also depend on the same characteristics, but they are always pleasant, comfortable, clean and professional
- Working conditions also must ensure the safety and health of both clients and staff
Incubators: tool for entrepreneurship?
Receptionist or information kiosk: how do people talk with a robot?