Are you looking for a new role as a salon receptionist? Or are you a Salon Manager or Owner looking to recruit this highly important role for your salon?
Well if you are, then we are here to help… We have put together a job description guide to cover off the expected roles and responsibilities for a salon receptionist, plus a free salon receptionist job description template.
Salon Receptionist Job Summary
We at [name] hair salon strive to unlock the potential of top salon professionals, creating an unparalleled experience for our clients. We exude passion, integrity, teamwork, leadership, pride, and respect.
We are looking for a front desk team member with excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, being able to remain calm in stressful situations, and providing excellent customer service and support.
Salon Receptionist Job Description
- Welcomes clients on arrival to the salon
- Answer telephone calls, emails, and social media messages promptly and courteously
- Provide complimentary drinks to arriving clients
- Inform colleagues that their client has arrived and for what service or services
- Welcome walk-ins, answer questions about services, and schedule appointments based on availability
- Manage the salon appointment schedule efficiently
- Contact clients if a staff member is sick and re-arrange an appointment
- If not using SMS appointment reminders, call clients to remind them of their appointment
- Call clients who are late for appointments and see if they are running late or are a no-show
- Take payments from clients after their appointment
- Check washroom facilities are stocked and clean
- Keep reception area clean, tidy, and free from hazards
- Respond to online reviews daily and pass feedback onto management
- Co-ordinate and resolve client complaints
- Properly add clients email addresses and telephone numbers to salon scheduling software
- Keep the retail merchandising stocked
- Up-sell salon retail products when taking payments
- Prompt clients to book their next appointment
Salon Receptionist Qualifications
- Terrific interpersonal and communication abilities (verbal, phone, email) focused on customer care
- Proven work experience as a front desk representative
- Hand-on experience with salon software and office equipment
- Experience with processing transactions
- Experience in using salon software with reminders
- Ability to handle administrative work
- High School diploma
We also recommend you check out our post on Salon Staff Interview Questions.
Salon Receptionist Skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- The ability to remain calm under stressful circumstances
- Confidential and benevolent approach to clients
- The ability to assess the situation and analyze information
- Organizational skills and time management skills
- Good upselling skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Physical fitness and mental stability
- The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
Features of a Good Salon Receptionist
- Likes to interact with people, approachable, but professional
- Able to provide high-quality and fast service
- Energetic, positive, smiling, with a cheerful spirit
- Oriented on objectives and client satisfaction
- Able to meet the demands of demandable and tough customers
Salon Receptionist Salary and Working Conditions
- Salary depends on the location and reputation of the salon
- Working conditions also depend on the same characteristics, but they are always pleasant, comfortable, clean and professional
- Working conditions also must ensure the safety and health of both clients and staff
Incubators: tool for entrepreneurship?
Receptionist or information kiosk: how do people talk with a robot?