A spa mission statement is a vital part of your business strategy. It shows new and existing clients, staff, and business partners what your spa is all about and what your values are.
What You Will Learn
This article will show you how to write a clear, memorable, and appealing spa mission statement, as well as give you some inspiring examples.
Jump to The Section You Like
- What Is a Spa Mission Statement?
- Why Is Spa Mission Statement Important?
- How to Write a Spa Mission Statement?
- Spa Mission Statement Samples
What Is a Spa Mission Statement?
A spa mission statement is a brief, action-based summary of your business goals and objectives, core values, and how they will benefit your clients. It should reflect your spa's character, leave a lasting impression of your spa brand, and emphasize your unique points over the competitive spas. It is an essential part of a spa's business plan and a guiding star for every critical decision in your business.
Why Is Spa Mission Statement Important?
Your spa mission statement effectively communicates your vision and ideas to anyone involved in your business, from investors to clients.
The Main Benefits of a Good Spa Mission Statement Are:
Helps to clarify your objectives
Starting a spa is overwhelming and stressful. In all the different work you have to do, it is easy to lose your objectives and forget why. Defining a spa mission statement will help you stay on track and help you keep your long-term spa marketing plan cohesive.
Helps to share the work
If your team knows the endgame, they can help you much better with different tasks and organize the work to benefit the business.
Motivates your team
Having shared goals and values is essential for productive teamwork and a healthy work environment. Sharing your vision will motivate your team to work towards the spa's success as their family business.
Brings in clients
These days customers are not just looking for a spa. They want to be a part of something that makes the world better, even if just a little bit. Seeing that you stand up for the things they value may tip the scales in your favor.
Attracts investors and staff
None of them wants to be a part of yet another spa. Your mission statement will tell them why they should choose your business over many other spas out there.
How to Write a Spa Mission Statement?
An ideal mission statement should range from two to four phrases and not exceed 100 words. Ultimately, the mission statement for your spa should be just the right length to get your point across, demonstrate your proposition to clients (superior customer service), and how you inspire your team to accomplish your business objectives.
Key Elements of a Spa Mission Statement
Focus your statement on these four elements:
- Value. What value does your spa create for your clients and your staff?
- Inspiration. Why should people want to come to your spa?
- Plausibility. Make it sound reasonable.
- Specificity. Tie it back to your spa.
Tips for Creating a Good Spa Mission Statement
- Define your business purpose. Why did you open your spa? Why is it your passion?
- Explain what and how your spa aligns with your values and priorities.
- Consider your target clients. Why should they choose your spa? What are they looking for in a spa? Where do they live? What do they do?
- Reflect on your spa brand. What kind of customer experience do you offer?
- What makes your spa unique? How do you stand out from other spas? What are your competitive advantages?
- Consider your staff. Make sure the statement conveys your company's culture. It's relatable, motivates, and inspires your current and future team.
- Make it concise. You want your mission statement to be easy to read, convey a clear message, and be memorable. Remember that your clients and staff should easily understand your vision for the spa.
Common Spa Mission Statement Mistakes
- Uninspiring. Don't make it a fact sheet of just what your spa does.
- Lacking personality and fun. Reflect the culture that makes your spa unique.
- Full of buzzwords and jargon. Focus on clear, simple language that communicates your spa's purpose directly.
Once you've written down your spa mission statement, check for wordiness and remove anything that could be classed as hype or a buzzword. Fakeness is easily spotted in writing and would not be suitable for your brand in the long run.
Everything you have written applies explicitly to your spa and not the industry or simply any other spa. Mission statements of the businesses you look up to can be a great inspiration but refrain from copying them, be unique.
This is about your way and what makes you different from competitors.
Spa Mission Statement Samples
So, what is a good mission statement for a spa? We have searched for some of the best mission statements for you to get inspired. Take a look and see if they can help you develop your own mission statement tailor-fitted for your spa business.
Fringe Salon Spa
Our goal is to enhance and further develop individual beauty using naturally derived AVEDA products delivered by a caring, innovative, and highly skilled team of professionals.
Artavi Med Spa
Our mission is to provide services personalized to each client to enhance their natural beauty in a safe and relaxed environment by having our MD on site to provide personal consultations and to educate our clients on the services best suited for their needs and the science behind them. The med spa promises its clients a variety of services to maintain their youth; whether they are looking for low cost, noninvasive procedures, solutions for pigmentation or wrinkles, or even looking to enhance certain facial features. We strive to give our clients a renewed sense of self by allowing them to look as good as they feel and feel as good as they look.
Our mission at Sonrisa is to care for the people we serve and our planet. Our vision is to be a leading innovator in connecting the mind, body and spirit through holistic inspiration, education and service. Through our unique combination of services, earth friendly products and experts we will create a sustainable organization providing unparalleled beauty, healing and wellness experiences for our guests and our community.
Writing a spa mission statement is just as hard as applicable. Without it, your communication with partners and staff members may always miss a necessary foundation for understanding each other. You may get lost in the hassle of administrative work or fail to get your message through to the clients.
We hope this brief guide will help you, and you'll find some inspiration in the spa mission examples we gathered in this post.
Mission Statement Theory And Practice: A Content Analysis And New Direction.
How companies define their mission
Mission and business philosophy