POS software for spas has many benefits, including making appointment booking and payment processing much smoother for your spa customers and staff. It’s much more than just a cash register and a payment terminal for your spa.
Let's look at how a spa POS system can be the right choice for your business.
Jump to the Section You Like
What Should the Best Spa POS System Have?
To choose the best spa POS system for your business, make sure to look for one that has:
Estheticians Scheduling: Every spa owner knows how busy the average day is and how difficult it can be to schedule appointments and balance staff planning so that there are enough (but not too many) people available to assist your guests.
Spa POS systems can make scheduling appointments, changing the schedule and scheduling staff to perform services a much easier.
Accept Online Bookings: spa POS systems aren't worth using if they don't allow customers to book appointments for services online (the easier your online booking is, the more customer will use it).
The software should also notify you and your employees of any bookings or changes.
Appointment Reminders: Ensure that your spa POS system can remind clients about any upcoming appointments, follow up if they miss or cancel one and notify them and your staff of any changes to their bookings or services.
Staff Management and Payroll: Your spa point of sale system should help you manage estheticians and therapists by providing feedback about staff's availability, assigned tasks, clients they've seen, hours worked, and commission earned from product sales.
Stock Management: You should be able to track inventory, see which products need to be ordered soon, set prices and follow fast and slow-moving products. This will also help you compile sales reports later on.
Client Management: Keeping track of customer data such as client profiles, past purchases, whether they have selected a therapist or a beautician, or any special requirements such as allergies will make appointments go much smoother.
Spa Marketing: Increase the number of client visits by sending them booking reminders via SMS or email. You can also send out special offers to engage customers and keep them returning.
Reputation Management: Obtaining client feedback and easy follow-up tools, getting reports on your ratings and reviews and being notified whenever a new Google or Yelp review is published is critical to maintaining your spa's reputation.
Reporting: Tracking your employees' performance, the popularity of different services, and seeing how consistently your spa meets or exceeds its targets is necessary if you want to make progress.
Branded Vouchers and Gift Cards: This is another of your top marketing tools. A system that lets you create and send out digital gift cards will increase your customer base by allowing clients to purchase gift cards for friends and family.
To learn more please check out our post on Spa POS.
9 Benefits of Using POS Software for Spas
When you're running a spa, POS software is required if you want to streamline your payment process and make appointment management easier for your spa's clients and staff.
Point of sale systems do more than make accepting payments easier- they help streamline the payment and booking process, improving customer loyalty and making it easier for spa managers to stay on top of things.
Some of the most significant benefits include:
- It Saves Time: Manually dealing with everything takes a lot of time. POS systems ensure that jobs like appointment booking, inventory, and staff management are completed quickly and less stressful. This leaves you free to focus on your clients.
- It's Efficient: Correcting manual errors is one-way many spa managers waste time and money. A POS system will schedule bookings, change prices and track inventory well with the correct input, eliminating a lot of room for error.
- It Helps to Build Your Reputation: Customers will love an easy-to-use system that books services and takes mobile payments quickly. This associates your spa with efficiency and state-of-the-art technology, increasing clients' confidence in you.
- It's Easy to Use: If you can use a computer, you can use a good POS system. Customers and staff won't need to learn a lot of new technological skills to use either the booking/scheduling features or the POS hardware.
- Multiple Payment Options: Easily combine your cash register and payment terminal with your spa POS. Offer all types of payments. Some customers prefer to pay by credit card, while others might want to use debit cards, gift cards, or even contactless payments via an app. POS systems offer multiple options (not just credit card processing) to keep your clients happy.
- It's Fast: Did we mention fast bookings online at a client's convenience? Add to that faster transaction and the option to pay for services in advance to save time later.
- It Makes Esthetician's Management Easier: If you have a lot of staff to manage, a POS system can track their information and progress across various metrics. You can use this to motivate, coach, and reward your team.
- It Supports Loyalty Programs: you can track client information and reward loyal customers by encouraging them to book appointments again soon. You can also send out promotional offers, spa newsletters and referral incentives like vouchers and gift cards.
- It Provides Accurate Reporting: Get up-to-date information on favored services, fast-moving products and the busiest or slowest periods at your spa. This will allow you to strategize and achieve better results.
Much like spa software, a good POS system is a tool that every spa should have if they want to boost their productivity, increase their client base and make daily managing tasks easier.
When shopping for POS software for spas, you must be aware of some of the key features you're looking for and how you plan to use them. Then, you can make the most of this great, versatile tool.
RFID restaurant POS system
A POS system based on the remote client‐server model in the small business environment
IT project management: class project of a point of sale (POS) system implementation in a restaurant