A beauty salon's mission statement is vital for your business strategy. It shows existing and potential clients, staff, and business partners what your beauty salon is all about and what your core values are.
Jump to The Section You Like
- What Is a Beauty Salon Mission Statement?
- Why Is Having a Mission Statement Important?
- How to Write a Beauty Salon Mission Statement?
- Beauty Salon Mission Statement Samples
What Is a Beauty Salon Mission Statement?
A beauty salon mission statement is a concise, action-based outline of your business goals and objectives, values, and what they bring to your clients. It should reflect your beauty salon's character, indicate your brand, and highlight your unique points over the competition. It is an essential part of a beauty salon's business plan and a guiding star for every critical decision in your business.
Why Is Having a Mission Statement Important?
Your beauty salon mission statement communicates your vision and ideas to anyone involved in your business, from investors to clients.
The Main Benefits of a Good Beauty Salon Mission Statement Are:
Helps to define your objectives
Opening a beauty salon is overwhelming and stressful. It is easy to lose your objectives and get lost in all the work you have to do. Defining a beauty salon mission statement will allow you to stay on track and help you keep your long-term beauty salon marketing strategy cohesive.
Helps to share the work
If your staff understand your vision, they will better support you with different tasks and organize the work to benefit the business.
Motivates your team
Having shared goals and values is essential for productive teamwork and a healthy work environment. Sharing your vision will motivate your beauticians to work towards the beauty salon's success as their family business.
Brings in clients
These days customers are not just looking for a beauty salon. They want to be a part of something that makes the planet better, even if just a little bit. Seeing that you stand up for something they value might tip the scales in your favor.
Attracts investors and staff
None of them desires to be a part of yet another beauty salon. Your mission statement will inform them why they should choose your business over many other beauty salons out there.
How to Write a Beauty Salon Mission Statement?
A perfect mission statement should be from two to four phrases and not exceed 100 words. It should be just the right length to get your point across, demonstrate your proposition to clients (superior customer service), and how you inspire your team to achieve your business objectives.
Key Elements of a Beauty Salon Mission Statement
Concentrate your statement on these four elements:
- Value. What value does your beauty salon create for your clients and your staff?
- Inspiration. Why should clients want to come to your beauty salon?
- Plausibility. Make it sound believable.
- Specificity. Tie it back to your beauty salon
Tips for Creating a Good Beauty Salon Mission Statement
- Define your business objective. Why did you open your beauty salon? Why is it your passion?
- Describe what and how your beauty salon aligns with your values and priorities.
- Consider your target clients. Why should they choose your beauty salon? What are they looking for in a beauty salon? Where do they live? What do they do?
- Reflect on your brand. What type of customer experience do you offer?
- What makes your beauty salon special? How do you stand out from other beauty salons?
- Consider your staff. Make sure the statement describes your company's culture. It's relatable, encourages, and inspires your existing and future team.
- Make it concise. You want your mission statement to be easy to read, give a clear message, and be unique.
Common Beauty Salon Mission Statement Mistakes
- Uninspiring. It's not a fact sheet of what your beauty salon does.
- Lacking personality and fun. Reflect the culture that makes your beauty salon unique.
- Full of buzzwords. Focus on clear, simple language that directly expresses your beauty salon's purpose.
Once you've written down your beauty salon mission statement, review for wordiness and remove anything hype phrases or a buzzword. Fakeness is easily spotted in writing and would not be suitable for your brand in the long run.
Mission statements of the businesses you look up to can be a great inspiration but refrain from copying them, be unique. This is about your way and what makes you different from competitors.
Beauty Salon Mission Statement Samples
So, what is a good mission statement for a beauty salon? We have looked for some good mission statements for you to get inspired. Take a look and see if they can help you create your own mission statement.
We aspire to be your home for beauty. Our artists and the people we take care of are the most important part of our business and always will be. We believe that beauty is a vital part of all people—at MBH we support that beauty. We believe that fashion is a form of self-expression and art, and that style can exist apart from a materialistic society, as beauty is not grounded in vanity. Whole beauty is important to us, which is why we take an external and internal approach. For this reason, MBH offers products and services that focus on all areas of building a beautiful life.
Beauty Bar is committed to providing a world class salon experience to every client, every time. Beauty Bar’s creative team is dedicated to providing high quality services without compromising the integrity of your hair, skin, body, or nails, while helping you to be your most beautiful you. The salon aims to develop strong relationships with its clients and satisfy all of their beauty needs.
At Blend Beauty Bar are goal is to create a relaxing, inviting clean beauty environment. We take our time vetting the best products with safe ingredients and proven results to share with our clients. Our staff takes pride in being knowledgeable about all things hair, skin and makeup related to the best advice and share our experience with our clientele. Integrity is most important to us, we not only want you to look good when you leave Blend Beauty Bar, but we also want you to feel your best and maintain that feeling!
Our mission statement at Boho Beauty Bar is to be creative artists as we turn our art into beauty. We promise to provide high quality services for our guests as they enjoy our unique, cultured atmosphere at our salon.
To learn more about beauty salon software check out our website.
Writing a beauty salon mission statement is not easy, but it's an excellent way to share your vision. So we strongly recommend you create one. We hope this brief guide will help you, and you'll find some inspiration in the beauty salon mission examples we gathered in this post.
Mission Statement Theory And Practice: A Content Analysis And New Direction.
How companies define their mission
Mission and business philosophy